The two basic principles of physiological babywearing
Carry the child high or within reach of kisses
- Increase the comfort and the efficiency of the porterage by moving getting the child as close as possible.
- No panels or space between the carried and the carrier
- To have the child holding on, thus towards you is favorable and favored for an active or long-term porterage.
- When carried in front, the child holds on to the rib cage of his carrier, it is there that he is the most safe (well cleared respiratory tracts and in sight), the least heavy (weight distributed on the skeleton of the carrier), and the least harmful for the perineum of the mom freshly gone through the pregnancy and the birth.
Carry the child in a sat squatted position and support his seat in a respectful way
- Which favors a good development of his hips.
- What allows the child to balance itself during the porterage and thus to be active with you during the experience.
- What allows the child to be maintained in a natural and instinctive position where his vertebral column is free of any tension, and in which the head of the child settles solidly against the carrier when the latter does not maintain it herself or when he sleeps.
- Which avoids all compressions of the genitalia.
- Which avoids hampering the traffic in the groin of the child when his legs hang downward.
Take a step ahead: why not before birth?
It is never too late to begin and take advantage of the enjoyments of porterage!
Practice when you have no pressure of success, you do not need it, and when you and your child feel good: "play porterage" with your child.
Read the instructions of your baby sling, at least once!
Take your time to learn: play to carry your child.
Make your marks: see below our reminder.
Help yourself with a mirror.
For all this time you are going to save!
For all these smiles and small words you will not miss!
For the possibility of going everywhere with your child easily and discreetly.
To transport, work, calm, feed, warm up, sleep, for pleasure, or simply to be close together.
And why not to develop your muscles and to avoid being hurt?
Here are a few advantages of babywearing
- Favors the establishments of strong links of attachments
- Eases daily routines, reduces anxiety for the parents and increases the sentiment of competence.
- Reduces cries and discomfort for the child.
- Helps for a harmonuious transition for life outside the womb for the child as it keeps a reference point for his senses while favourizing the process of maturation of all it's bodily systems.
- Reduces incidences of post-natal depression and helps with remission.
- Reduces isolation of the parent.
- Stimulate the global development of the child.
- Helps digestion and reduces reflux.
- Reduces chances of positional deformations for the child (ex: plagiocephalie)
- Reduces the risks of injuries for the parent (tendinitis, lumbar sprain, scoliose etc...)
With someone who has faith in porterage, of course! Especially not with your sceptical step-mother.
You're alone, don't worry, a big mirror, a soft surface (your bed), the pirit of adventure and a little bit of patience!
Do you want to get around other babywearers?
Spare your patience;
Meet other parents;
Benefit from the experience of a passionate instructor;
Take a babywearing workshop!
Find a workshop in your sector